The client-side delay pools work and the per-connection shaping should shortly appear in a Squid-2.HEAD tree near you.
My work queue looks something like this:
- For commercial support clients: update Youtube and Microsoft Updates rules; grr to Youtube for changing their stuff again!
- Commercial contract: delaying request forwarding until a certain amount of the request body has been read in. Slightly overdue thanks to college commitments but it'll be done very shortly.
- Commercial contract: Sorting out some Squid related sub-contracted work for Yahoo!
- Commercial contract: Solaris + Samba + AD + Squid - why the hell is it so painful!
- Final testing of my Squid development/testing cluster hardware before I go and install it in the colocation rack. I can hear the Dell and Sun servers from the other side of the house; I think its time they moved into professional hosting space!
- More stuff which I can't yet talk about!
Starting August 1, I'm going to be doing a big push for Squid support and hosting services. I now want to grow this into something much, much bigger than just me and I believe I'm now in the position to do it.
Also, I hope to organise some meetings with vendors when I'm in the US in October. I -hope- this includes Sun and Google - specifically for hardware/performance work and video/youtube caching respectively. I'll post more when I have firmer plans.