Friday, May 22, 2009

FreeBSD 6.3 and FreeBSD-7 Xen hosting

I've been playing around with the FreeBSD-7.x and FreeBSD-6.x Xen DomU support (thanks to Kip Macy) and documenting all of the strange bits needed to make a fully working environment.

I've managed to figure out all the right incantations to build the DomU, run the DomU and for the most part, keep the DomU up and running.

I may offer FreeBSD DomU support to Xenion customers with part proceeds being donated back to the FreeBSD project. 

Let me know if you're at all interested in this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im going to leave a commont thanks links this to the botnet and spam. i been fighting the hijacking of all my systems(including phone towers and radio packets). this started for me around aug 2008. i was recieving over 2000 ips per hour 24/7 since feb 2009 to this day sorta. the ips came from ping responses from my altered hub. they use the satalite and dual band radio packet injections. the ip pings were not necessarily spam. XENION, xanadu, Xerox, Microsoft were all part of it. its linking to a specific small group from microsoft all the way.
its also involved with DNS joint forces and root law. the hacker came from windstream.

ring ANY BELLS?